Friday, November 14, 2014

Experimenting | Bridal & Custom


Blue Swarovski Crystal Necklace & Earring Set
Original Design
For sometime now, I've had plan for a twist on a simple drop necklace (like the one above) that would dress it up & make it especially suitable for special occasions. As I wanted to keep the colors simple, I knew that the difference would have to be in the wire links themselves & how I put the jewelry together. After looking through some of my own designs & testing out shapes with wire, these swirly links resulted.

Flourish Wirework & Purple Pearl Necklace & Earrings

Contrary to my first guess, these links proved to be rather sturdy (when you make larger links & don't increase gauge, you usually lose structural strength & durability). In the test run, they wore well under normal use, without any signs or stretching or losing their shape.

I'm currently working on another version that has sparkling crystals instead of the classic pearls. I chose to use Swarovski Crystals & pearls because of their wide range of colors & hues, making it simple to customize to any taste or color scheme.

 

What do you think of the new links?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Write me a note: